Ogden Manor Apartments
Bluestem signed and recorded Regulatory Agreements with the City of Naperville, DuPage County, US Department of Housing and Urban Development, and the Illinois Housing Development Authority pursuant to which Bluestem has agreed to provide 108 units of affordable housing to persons with incomes of <50% Average Median Income for 40 years. Our goal was to preserve 108 units of existing affordable rental housing that were threatened to be converted into luxury condominiums.
- 80 units for seniors
- 28 family units
- 4 units of permanent supportive housing units for homeless families with children
- DuPage County HOME funds
- City of Naperville Community Development Block Grant funds
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development Project Based Section 8 with Tax Exempt Bonds
- Illinois Housing Development Authority Trust Funds
- Illinois Affordable Housing Tax Credits
- Bluestem plans to continue to operate the project in accordance with its purpose after the period of affordability expires
- Tenants must have incomes <50% Average Median Income
- Bluestem has hired a property management firm to insure the daily operational and compliance requirements are met. Bluestem oversees the property manager to insure that the operating, maintenance, financial and lender compliance is being met through reviewing monthly reports and communicating directly with the property manager at least monthly, visiting the property, managing the audit process, completely compliance documents for lenders, conducting Housing Quality Standard inspections at least once a year, attending resident council meetings throughout the year, and getting to know residents.
- Catholic Charities staff provides support services including full case management to the homeless families living at Ogden Manor.
- 108 Units of Project Based Section 8 Rental Assistance through US Department of Housing and Urban Development
Placed in Service in 2007