Finley Supportive Housing
Bluestem signed and recorded Regulatory Agreements with the Illinois Housing Development Authority, DuPage County and Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunities pursuant to which Bluestem has agreed to provide 12 units of affordable housing to persons with incomes of <50% Average Median Income for 30 years.
This project is the new construction of a three-story, 12 unit apartment building in Lombard, DuPage County Illinois, to serve people with disabilities that impair their ability to live independently without support services.
- 100% of units are for special needs households
- Illinois Housing Development Authority Build Illinois Bond Program funds
- DuPage County HOME
- IL Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunities Energy Grant funds
- Bluestem plans to continue to operate the project in accordance with its purpose after the period of affordability expires.
- All tenants must have incomes <50% Average Median Income, most are <30%
- Trinity’s offices are located in the building as they provide services on-site
- 9 units of Project Based Bridge Subsidy through IL Department of Human Services’ Division of Mental Health
- 3 units of Project Based Section 8 through Springfield Housing Authority
- Bluestem has hired a property management firm to insure the daily operational and compliance requirements are met. Bluestem oversees the property manager to insure that the operating, maintenance, financial and lender compliance is being met through reviewing monthly reports and communicating directly with the property manager at least monthly, visiting the property, managing the audit process, completely compliance documents for lenders, conducting Housing Quality Standard inspections at least once a year, attending resident council meetings throughout the year, and getting to know residents.
Under Construction – November 2015 completion